WOW ! - On Thursday of this past week the temperature was 82 degrees and I headed out for what I had hoped to be a nine mile run. I knew I was in trouble about 1 mile into the run as my legs felt dead, sweat was pouring off my forehead and I realized I didn't have enough water. Nevertheless I plowed ahead. Well, long story short, I lasted seven miles and I fell way off my pace. Knowing that I had to run the half-marathon in two weeks I was fairly concerned.
Today, the temperature is 60 degrees and I wanted to go for another nine miles. I could not believe the difference. I felt great for the whole run. I had plenty of water and I was able to run negative splits.
I'm looking forward to Nashville on April 25. Thanks for keeping up with my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment